Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Lion Man

Happy Monday! 

Don't you want to punch people when they say that? Yeah, me too. I was up far too late last night drinking beer doing wedding things, so I take very little responsibility for the outcome of this post. 

Let me tell you a bit about The Lion Man.

First of all, I find him quite handsome. I mean, just look at him - 



That is one attractive fellow.

Secondly, he is smart. Not like he can solve crossword puzzles really fast smart, but more like he has a PhD in physics smart. Seriously. He does. It blows my mind. 

Lastly (well, not lastly, I could go on while longer), he is so kind. And there is a difference between "nice" and "kind." Nice says sweet things and is not, well, mean, to put it bluntly. Of course The Lion Man is nice, but he is also genuinely concerned about making sure everyone around him feels liked and wanted. He goes out of his way to make people feel special. At times it can be pesky, but I would not change that attribute one bit. 

"Well woop-de-freaking-do for Jett,"

I hear you, and I get it. But here's the thing: I'm not bragging. I seriously just cannot believe I ended up with this guy. This must be some cosmic mix up and the gods will soon swoop down from on high and correct the error. 

Of course, I try not to point this mistake out to The Lion Man. I just play along and hope he doesn't realize he could do WAY better... At least until the wedding, because after that he's trapped, Muahahaha!!

But seriously, sometimes I feel so unworthy of his love. I'll do, or say, or think something that makes me feel so beneath what he deserves. This is not his fault, it is my own assessment. And I am not usually one for beating myself up. 

Do you ever feel like that with your significant other? Like you won the lottery but you didn't even buy a ticket?

Woah. That got heavy. Not where I meant to go with this, but thanks for the therapy, Internet. 

I have a post planned for tomorrow that will be more fun, pinky swear. 



Keep it Fancy,
Jett

No comments:

Post a Comment